Le Whymper, chalet & spa: your new base camp in the heart of Chamonix. Discret, quiet, incomparable…
Chalet Whymper, entirely renovated into a chic and contemporary style Chalet, opened its doors in December 2017. Situated in the heart of Chamonix, the chalet has 10 bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms and can host up to 22 guests and would be ideal for group of friends, large families, seminars, team-building events, incentive stays, etc… With its own private SPA and different communal living spaces, the chalet allows for social gatherings as well as moments for relaxation.
The chalet is named after Edward Whymper, a famous British climber and illustrator from the second half of the 19th century. He is mainly known for the first ascent of the Matterhorn and for his contribution to the development of mountaineering in the valley of Chamonix.
The decoration of the chalet is inspired by this mythical character; the presence of crystals and replicas of his engravings will immerse you in the atmosphere of his fabulous adventures transcribed in ‘‘Scrambles among the Alps’’, a masterpiece of alpine literature.
Whether you are a big family or a group of friends, whether you come for a ski weekend or a special event...make the chalet Whymper your perfect base in Chamonix.
• You benefit from a fully privatized chalet (350 sqm) in the city center and at the foot of Mont-Blanc.
• The chalet has been completely refurbished in 2017 in a chic and cosy style to accommodate groups up to 22 people: everything has been designed so that you can relax and enjoy your stay in a unique setting.
• You benefit from the hotel expertise: 2 partner hotels and a unique quality of service provided by Chamonix valley lovers.
• Let yourself be guided to plan your all-inclusive stay: a single contact and à la carte services with our local providers to discover Chamonix, its valley and the region.
The Chalet Whymper has 10 en-suite bedrooms including 4 ‘‘Standard’’ (12 sqm), 4 ‘‘Superior’’ (15 sqm) and 2 ‘‘Family’’ (23 sqm) - flat screen LCD TV, international channels, hairdryer, linen and toiletries, Wifi (optical fiber), and can accommodate from 10 people in single rooms up to 22 in double and triple rooms. Thanks to our other hotels located within a radius of 50 m, we can receive all group configurations up to 25 people.
On the 1st floor, a large common area of 65 sqm with a living room centered around the ceramic stove, a modular dining room, an office / library area and a bar area. Also on the 1st floor, the large room opens onto a terrace of 25 sqm which hosts the outdoor lounge and jacuzzi. On the ground floor, the spa (sauna, treatment room, relax area) and a ski room. Surrounding the chalet, a 100 sqm garden.
Concierge services: we make your stay easy...
• Private shuttle service to and from railway stations, airports, ski resorts and throughout the valley.
• Rentals: discounted rate at our partner and provision of equipment at the chalet.
• Provision of your ski passes at the chalet.
In partnership with the best professionals, we give you the opportunity to be accompanied by local guides and passionate instructors.
• No need to be a seasoned alpinist to enjoy Chamonix. Enjoy a wide array of activities for all levels and desires: introduce yourself to mountaineering through fun workshops, discover the glaciers with a glaciologist ...
• Don’t forget culture: a private concert in a surprising place or a conference at the chalet with a local specialist.
Whymper has been welcoming Chaletowners guests since 03 Jul 2020.
Breakfast is included as well as a home-made cake for afternoon tea on B&B basis. A selection of teas and coffees is available 24/7.
For lunch and dinner, we discuss the service you need and make a tailor-made proposal: from a simple lunch box to a cocktail party or gala dinner.
The chalet has a professional kitchen to accommodate a caterer or on-site chef service. You participate in the creation of menus and we make you an ‘‘all inclusive’’ offer.
|04 Dec-11 Dec 2022||Price on application|
|11 Dec-18 Dec 2022||Price on application|
|18 Dec-25 Dec 2022||Price on application|
|25 Dec - 01 Jan 2023||Booked|
|01 Jan-08 Jan 2023||Price on application|
|08 Jan-15 Jan 2023||Price on application|
|15 Jan-22 Jan 2023||Price on application|
|22 Jan-29 Jan 2023||Price on application|
|29 Jan-05 Feb 2023||Price on application|
|05 Feb - 12 Feb 2023||Booked|
|12 Feb-19 Feb 2023||Price on application|
|19 Feb-26 Feb 2023||Price on application|
|26 Feb-05 Mar 2023||Price on application|
|05 Mar-12 Mar 2023||Price on application|
|12 Mar-19 Mar 2023||Price on application|
|19 Mar-26 Mar 2023||Price on application|
|26 Mar-02 Apr 2023||Price on application|
|02 Apr-09 Apr 2023||Price on application|
|09 Apr-16 Apr 2023||Price on application|
|16 Apr-23 Apr 2023||Price on application|
|23 Apr-30 Apr 2023||Price on application|
We accept bookings for short stays: 3-night or 5-night minimum stay, depending on the period.
All prices are in Euro. Dates are fixed. Calendar was updated 2 weeks ago.
The chalet is located in the heart of Chamonix, a few meters away from the pedestrian and shopping street Joseph Vallot, the church and the tourist office.
I give permission for my name to be shared with the host of Chalet Whymper, Chamonix. Please note that by submitting the form you are not confirming a booking. Chalet host will contact you with a quote and further details for booking. When communicating about chalet via CO, you agree with terms of service and processing of communications as set out in Terms and conditions. For safety and quality control reasons, we strongly recommend communicate through Chaletowners.
We are based in the Alps and check every chalet owner and operator
You book directly, so the best price and service are guaranteed
Check overall prices and availability at one place